CALHOUN CITY – Annie Lynette Ferguson, 82, died Friday, Dec. 14, 2012. She was born May 24, 1930, in Calhoun County to Clarence Mathis Griffin and Dewey Mae Hathcock Griffin. She was a seamstress and a Baptist.
Services were at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, at Southern Funeral Chapel with Bro. Jason Brassfield and Bro. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial was in Poplar Springs Cemetery in Calhoun County.
Survivors include three sons, Cecil Ray Ferguson, Donald Laine Ferguson and Jo Anne, and Elvin Lee Ferguson and Gayla, all of Houston; seven grandchildren, Tammy Ferguson, Tonya Ferguson, Chance Rodgers, Jeffery Ferguson, Joey Ferguson, Lane Ferguson and Michael Ferguson; 16 great-grandchildren; one brother, Curtis Elvin Griffin of Mobile, Ala.; two sisters, Myra Shields of Coffeeville and Aileen Dunham of Mobile, Ala.
She was preceded in death by her husband, J.T. Ferguson; her parents; brothers, Elon Griffin, James Griffin, Clifton Griffin, Curtis E. Griffin, Clarence Walker Griffin, Henry Lee Griffin and Marvin Griffin; and a sister, Christine Owings Camp.
Pallbearers were Jeff, Joey, Lane, Michael, Chase, J.T. and Josh Ferguson, and Jacob Haire.
Visitation was from noon to service time Sunday.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Dec. 19, Chickasaw Journal.
About Chris Elkins
- BASEBALL: Tigers stay perfect in Division 2-4A April 8, 2016
- Falkner trio compete set to compete for powerlifting titles April 16, 2016
- Free program to encourage fitness April 18, 2016
- PLAYOFFS: Seven Tippah County teams qualify in baseball, fastpitch April 21, 2016
- A Tip of the Hat: Article about man’s courtesy brings special reunion April 22, 2016
- Armed Robbery suspect arrested in Hickory Flat May 3, 2016
- BASEBALL: Panthers take Game 1 against Hamilton, Ripley falls at Kosciusko May 2, 2016
- BASEBALL: Ripley downs Indians, takes 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- BASEBALL: Mclemore gets 400th win as Pine Grove rolls April 23, 2016
- FASTPITCH: Walnut walks their way to a 1-0 lead April 23, 2016