Okolona's Tim Bowens on Dolphins' Walk of Fame
The 2012 Walk of Fame honorees selected by the Dolphins’ organization were recognized as “Unsung Heroes” for their unselfish contribution to their teams and willingness to go above and beyond their roles in any way they were asked.
Other honorees for this year’s class include linebacker A.J. Duhe, defensive lineman Manny Fernandez, wide receiver Nat Moore and quarterbacks Earl Morrall and Don Strock.
Bowens, who played at Ole Miss, joins the likes of inaugural Walk of Fame honorees, former owner Joe Robbie, coach Don Shula, linebacker Nick Buoniconti, fullback Larry Csonka, quarterbacks Dan Marino and Bob Griese, centers Dwight Stephenson and Jim Langer, guard Larry Little and wide receiver Paul Warfield.
“To see my name going up amongst the greats is such an honor,” Bowens said in an interview with The Finsiders.
Inductees’ names are etched in stone at the Joe Robbie Alumni Plaza at Sun Life Stadium.
Bowens, who played for Miami from 1994-2004 and helped the Dolphins reach the playoffs seven times, was inducted into the ICC Athletic Hall of Fame in 2010 after earning National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) All-American honors and being a two-time Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges (MACJC) All-State selection.
For more information on ICC football and the nine other intercollegiate athletic programs visit www.LetsGoICC.com.
About Chris Elkins
- BASEBALL: Tigers stay perfect in Division 2-4A April 8, 2016
- Falkner trio compete set to compete for powerlifting titles April 16, 2016
- Free program to encourage fitness April 18, 2016
- PLAYOFFS: Seven Tippah County teams qualify in baseball, fastpitch April 21, 2016
- A Tip of the Hat: Article about man’s courtesy brings special reunion April 22, 2016
- Armed Robbery suspect arrested in Hickory Flat May 3, 2016
- BASEBALL: Panthers take Game 1 against Hamilton, Ripley falls at Kosciusko May 2, 2016
- BASEBALL: Ripley downs Indians, takes 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- BASEBALL: Mclemore gets 400th win as Pine Grove rolls April 23, 2016
- FASTPITCH: Walnut walks their way to a 1-0 lead April 23, 2016