Ashland store robbed at gunpoint
by Joyce Leggett Brock
ASHLAND — The Dollar General Store in Ashland was robbed at gunpoint on Saturday evening.
According to authorities, a suspect entered the store at approximately 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15. Robbing the store clerk at gunpoint, the suspect took an undetermined amount of cash.
According to Investigator David Murphy, the suspect “was in and out of the store in less than 20 seconds.”
Although the suspect carried a gun, it was not fired and no one was injured.
The suspect was reportedly approximately 5’8′, 140 lbs. and was dressed in dark pants and shoes, a blue hooded sweatshirt and camouflage gloves.
According to Murphy, the Sheriff’s Department has some leads in the case, but as of press time, no suspect was in custody and no name was being released.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact the Benton County Sheriff’s Department at 224-8941.
About Joyce BrockJoyce Brock is the News Editor of the Southern Advocate newspaper. A lifelong Benton County resident, she has been a member of the Southern Advocate team for over seven years.
- BASEBALL: Panthers take control in Division 2-1A April 2, 2016
- REBEL ROAD TRIP: Ole Miss’ Freeze, Bjork coming to Tippah County April 14, 2016
- Former Blue Mountain deputy clerk arrested April 15, 2016
- Falkner trio compete set to compete for powerlifting titles April 16, 2016
- Free program to encourage fitness April 18, 2016
- BASEBALL: Ripley downs Indians, takes 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- BASEBALL: Mclemore gets 400th win as Pine Grove rolls April 23, 2016
- FASTPITCH: Walnut walks their way to a 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- A Tip of the Hat: Article about man’s courtesy brings special reunion April 22, 2016
- PLAYOFFS: Seven Tippah County teams qualify in baseball, fastpitch April 21, 2016