New Southern Sentinel website unveiled
RIPLEY – The Southern Sentinel and Journal, Inc., a multi-platform news and information media company locally owned in Northeast Mississippi that includes the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal and DJournal.com, unveiled a new website, southern-sentinel.com, Wednesday, Dec. 26 as we continue to provide our readers with local information on any platform.
The new Sentinel digital product lets people consume news in uncluttered environments wherever and whenever they want it along with continuing to offer e-edition subscriptions from the source of local news you’ve trusted for years. Breaking news and community events each day go along with the indepth reporting and feature stories about this community you love in the print edition of the Sentinel. The new website draws on the resources of Journal, Inc., which has the most local reporters, editors and photographers of any Northeast Mississippi media outlet.
The look and functionality of all digital platforms at Journal, Inc. are being overhauled to make them easier to find the local Northeast Mississippi community information that only Journal products can provide. The website will also feature news updates, video coverage, weather and Disqus commenting to improve conversation on the sites. New features will continually be added to the website.
Journal Information and Technology Director Chris Elkins and Journal Webmaster Shane Castile have put several months into adapting a WordPress theme to create the new website from local feedback. The WordPress themes have been very successful with the DJournal.com blogs such as Biz Buzz, Inside Mississippi State and Inside Ole Miss.
From business directories to local advertising these reimagined websites let customers deliver true cross-platform solutions along with traditional strong print advertising to get the right message to the right customer at the right time. Consult with the Sentinel advertising staff to develop your plan for reaching local customers today.
A photo gallery, which allows the community to purchase award-winning photographs remains part of the website.
Said Southern Sentinel General Manager Tim Watson, “We look forward to hearing your thoughts on the site and working together to continue to make it a vital part of our community. Please visit the site and tell us what your think or email whoever you would like from the local paper. Thank you for continuing to turn to us for your local information needs.”
About Chris Elkins
- BASEBALL: Tigers stay perfect in Division 2-4A April 8, 2016
- Falkner trio compete set to compete for powerlifting titles April 16, 2016
- Free program to encourage fitness April 18, 2016
- PLAYOFFS: Seven Tippah County teams qualify in baseball, fastpitch April 21, 2016
- A Tip of the Hat: Article about man’s courtesy brings special reunion April 22, 2016
- Armed Robbery suspect arrested in Hickory Flat May 3, 2016
- BASEBALL: Panthers take Game 1 against Hamilton, Ripley falls at Kosciusko May 2, 2016
- BASEBALL: Ripley downs Indians, takes 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- BASEBALL: Mclemore gets 400th win as Pine Grove rolls April 23, 2016
- FASTPITCH: Walnut walks their way to a 1-0 lead April 23, 2016