WCSA-AM 1260 holds ribbon-cutting
By Kedrick Storey
RIPLEY–WCSA-AM 1260 radio station held its official groundbreaking Wednesday, Dec. 12 at its 1817 City Avenue North address. The station is located next to Foster’s Barber and Cosmetology College.
The ribbon-cutting, which included an invocation by Rev. Terry Smith and remarks from Ward 3 Alderman Jackie McKenzie, began the start of the radio station’s improvement to the building and “ironing out of of any/all avenues for us to provide clarity to the ears of the listeners,” according to Ann Jubert, Director of Relations.
“The station’s format is a blend of the very best music,” she said. “The musical entree includes foot-tapping, hand-clapping and finger-snapping high quality music.”
Top 100, jazz, urban adult contemporary, Blues and more will be heard on the station that has partnered with Memphis-based LMB Network (www.lmbnetwork.com) which has affiliates in Bolivar, Tenn. and Danville, Ill. They will also feature Sunday’s Religious Broadcasting.
Jubert added that WSCA-AM 1260 will sponsor a Spring Outdoor Festival in March 2013, which includes a talent contest.
About Chris Elkins
- Tippah County Fast Pitch Tournament begins today April 1, 2016
- BASEBALL: Goolsby provides spark for Tigers April 13, 2016
- REBEL ROAD TRIP: Ole Miss’ Freeze, Bjork coming to Tippah County April 14, 2016
- Former Blue Mountain deputy clerk arrested April 15, 2016
- Falkner trio compete set to compete for powerlifting titles April 16, 2016
- BASEBALL: Ripley downs Indians, takes 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- BASEBALL: Mclemore gets 400th win as Pine Grove rolls April 23, 2016
- FASTPITCH: Walnut walks their way to a 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- A Tip of the Hat: Article about man’s courtesy brings special reunion April 22, 2016
- PLAYOFFS: Seven Tippah County teams qualify in baseball, fastpitch April 21, 2016