Qualifying begins Wednesday for municipal elections
RIPLEY – The qualifying period for the 2013 municipal elections opens Wednesday, Jan. 2. The deadline to qualify to run will be 5 p.m. Friday, March 8, according to Tippah County Circuit Clerk Randy Graves.
The voter registration deadline for primary elections is noon Saturday, April 6.
Party primaries are set Tuesday, May 7, and runoff elections, if necessary, will be held Tuesday, May 21. Runoffs will be held if candidates don’t receive 50 percent, plus one, of the votes cast.
The deadline to register to vote in the Tuesday, June 4 general elections is Saturday, May 4.
Voters in Ripley will vote for a mayor, and aldermen in wards one through four, and the at-large ward.
Voters in Blue Mountain, Dumas, Falkner, and Walnut will elect a mayor and five at-large aldermen. Newly elected, or re-elected, officeholders will take office Monday, July 1.
- BASEBALL: Tigers stay perfect in Division 2-4A April 8, 2016
- Falkner trio compete set to compete for powerlifting titles April 16, 2016
- Free program to encourage fitness April 18, 2016
- PLAYOFFS: Seven Tippah County teams qualify in baseball, fastpitch April 21, 2016
- A Tip of the Hat: Article about man’s courtesy brings special reunion April 22, 2016
- Armed Robbery suspect arrested in Hickory Flat May 3, 2016
- BASEBALL: Panthers take Game 1 against Hamilton, Ripley falls at Kosciusko May 2, 2016
- BASEBALL: Ripley downs Indians, takes 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- BASEBALL: Mclemore gets 400th win as Pine Grove rolls April 23, 2016
- FASTPITCH: Walnut walks their way to a 1-0 lead April 23, 2016