South Tippah School District approves using property for pre-K
South Tippah School District trustees have approved using the recently acquired Northeast Mississippi Christian Academy property as part of an expanded district pre-kindergarten program to be called South Tippah School District Pre-Kindergarten.
“We have found our current Pre-K classes to be successful. Currently we have 37 students enrolled in the Pre-K program at Blue Mountain Elementary School. Given we have the additional property for classroom space, we want to grow opportunities for children in our district to attend a four year old program. Our goal is four classes totaling 64 students,” Superintendent Frank Campbell said this week.
The South Tippah School District Pre-Kindergarten will be filled on a first-come first -served basis. Registration begins Monday, Feb. 4, 2013. All registration must be done centrally using the Pre-K facility.
Those wishing to sign up should contact Twila Goolsby or Carla Gaillard at 662-837-3677. Children being registered must be four years old by Sept. 1, and a shot record is required. There will be a monthly fee of $175. There will also be a registration fee of $50. This will be refunded in the August fee. The fee is non-refundable if a student does not attend the Pre-K program.
For the rest of the story, see the Jan. 30 issue of the Southern Sentinel.
About Beth ThomasBeth Thomas Harmon is the news editor for the Southern Sentinel. She graduated from the University of Mississippi in 2011 with a degree in journalism. Beth is a New Albany native, and she began working at the Sentinel in 2013.
- BASEBALL: Tigers stay perfect in Division 2-4A April 8, 2016
- Falkner trio compete set to compete for powerlifting titles April 16, 2016
- Free program to encourage fitness April 18, 2016
- PLAYOFFS: Seven Tippah County teams qualify in baseball, fastpitch April 21, 2016
- A Tip of the Hat: Article about man’s courtesy brings special reunion April 22, 2016
- Armed Robbery suspect arrested in Hickory Flat May 3, 2016
- BASEBALL: Panthers take Game 1 against Hamilton, Ripley falls at Kosciusko May 2, 2016
- BASEBALL: Ripley downs Indians, takes 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- BASEBALL: Mclemore gets 400th win as Pine Grove rolls April 23, 2016
- FASTPITCH: Walnut walks their way to a 1-0 lead April 23, 2016