Open House to kick off holiday shopping
To celebrate the chill of winter and kick off the holiday shopping season in Tippah County, the annual Holiday
Open House will take place Sunday from 2-4 p.m. at stores in Ripley and Blue Mountain. Area merchants will
host sale events, display Christmas decorations, offer gift selection ideas and in some cases, provide refreshments.
A few stores will vary their shopping hours by opening at 1 p.m. and closing at 5 p.m. “Open House makes people really excited about Christmas, not just for buying gifts, but for decorating, too,” said Ripley Main Street Director Libbi Bryant-Bennett. Ripley Main Street Association sponsors the annual event, and typically, it takes place on the second Sunday in November each year. “This year, we moved the event to the third Sunday because we didn’t want to compete with other nearby cities that will be having Holiday Open House this weekend, too,” Bennett said. “This will give our area merchants a chance to show off their merchandise to more people, and it will allow more people fromTippah County and the surrounding area to come out and see what our
stores have to offer.”
A large group of merchants will be open this year. Beginning at the south end of the county in Blue Mountain,
The Pineapple Shop will feature collectibles, home décor and fine gifts. Around the Courthouse Square shoppers
can find MS Gold, Silver and Coin Exchange, clothing retailer Stella Boutique and gift store Grapevine Village. Participants right off the square include clothing and gift store CuteTeez, retailer Blue Moon, antique stores Monday Sue’s and 2nd Time Around, salon and gift shop Shear Beauty and floral gift shop Bella’s Bouquets and salon and gift shop Studio 102.
Participating merchants along City Avenue include clothing retailers Savy Cee Cee’s Boutique and Merle Norman and More, flower and gift shop House of Flowers/ Stax of Wax, Posh Salon and gift and clothing shop Silly Sisters
Too. Young at Heart will also sell merchandise at the Ripley City Park.
“It’s so very important for all of us to choose shopping local first because we have some of the most fantastic shops I have ever been in right here in our town,” Bennett said. “All the local shop owners work so hard to offer our town the best products possible.”
For more information on Holiday Open House, contact Ripley Main Street at 512-0226.
About Beth ThomasBeth Thomas Harmon is the news editor for the Southern Sentinel. She graduated from the University of Mississippi in 2011 with a degree in journalism. Beth is a New Albany native, and she began working at the Sentinel in 2013.
- Tippah County Fast Pitch Tournament begins today April 1, 2016
- BASEBALL: Goolsby provides spark for Tigers April 13, 2016
- REBEL ROAD TRIP: Ole Miss’ Freeze, Bjork coming to Tippah County April 14, 2016
- Former Blue Mountain deputy clerk arrested April 15, 2016
- Falkner trio compete set to compete for powerlifting titles April 16, 2016
- BASEBALL: Ripley downs Indians, takes 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- BASEBALL: Mclemore gets 400th win as Pine Grove rolls April 23, 2016
- FASTPITCH: Walnut walks their way to a 1-0 lead April 23, 2016
- A Tip of the Hat: Article about man’s courtesy brings special reunion April 22, 2016
- PLAYOFFS: Seven Tippah County teams qualify in baseball, fastpitch April 21, 2016